Thanks. Hoping not to have to pull the head to do this.
.
--- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, Mike Gladu <mgladu@...> wrote:
>
> At 12:15 PM +0000 8/3/11, sophiascoot wrote:
> >Ok I'm an idiot. For first time in my life after years of puttering
> >with motor, I've crossed threaded the plug in my C70. Just the top
> >portion. Is there a tap that I can used to straighten out the
> >threads and if so, what size do I need? I need your wsdom badly!
>
> 10mm - 1.00 taps for re-threading the spark plug hole should be in
> any modern Honda mechanic's toolbox. Go to the dealer for the
> quickest solution.
>
> The 10mm - 1.00 tap for our spark plugs is a standard size worldwide,
> so it should be a commonly available in auto parts and mechanics tool
> supplies (if you want to buy one). $8.00 at Walmart.
>
> The hardest to do, but simplest way to "chase" the threads back to
> good shape is to run a good spark plug through the hole from the
> inside (the head's combustion chamber) out.
>
> Mike G.
> -
>
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)
1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
No comments:
Post a Comment