Thanks for the tips. The throttle cable runs to the front of the carb
so this looks like a down draft?
I had a little time, so I started pulling stuff off today. The only
thing holding the fairing on was the air cleaner and nut. Is that
right?
On Jul 10, 2011, at 9:34 AM, myron andrews wrote:
>
> Not any crazier than some of us on this site . www.dratv .com
> & Bike bandit .com are good sources for parts or to look up
> schematics of part assembles . I don`t know if your 70 has a side
> draft or down draft carb but dratv has both & some rebuild kits .
> The ignition switch should have a code number on the back , that can
> be used by a Honda shop or good lock smith to make keys that should
> also fit the steering & helmet lock if they are still a matched set.
> On draining fluids , on the bottom of the motor you will find what
> looks like 2 drain plugs . The 1 on the left is access to the cam
> chain adjuster , you want the other plug . On oil stay away from
> modern "friction reducer oil", better to stick to " for wet clutch "
> motor cycle oil in my opinion. Use the manuals at the bottom of the
> page for your year bike as not all the info is universal . Have fun
> & Good Luck ! Baby Huey Ps I know what you mean about having
> other bikes that don`t get used much . my BMW got new tires mid may
> & I haven`t ridden it since.
>
>
>
>
> To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
> From: beaubm01@gmail.com
> Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2011 23:30:01 +0000
> Subject: [Honda-C70] 1970 C70 - Virgin
>
>
>
>
>
>
> It was great to find this site. I just purchased a 1970 green and
> white passport. First one. Hasn't been started in 10 years.
>
> I have had a number of 50cc scooters including a 1978 vespa piagio,
> a 1964 Benelli, a 2000 zuma, a Batvia, aTwist n Go, two shamelesly
> cheap chinese scooters...you get the drift. I've also owned 6
> different harleys but gave them up as I just can't ride enough to
> make them worth the while.
>
> That being all said, this is a cool project for me. Does not run,
> doesn't even have a key, but is in really good physical shape for
> its age. My goal will be to bring it back to life as a way to keep
> myself in the garage as a decompressor for my work in healthcare.
> I'm not much of a real mechanic, bit I'm a damn good tinkerer and
> researcher so this should be fun since I'm in no hurry.
>
> 1st issues for this scoot are to drain all fluids and replace. The
> carb will need to be replaced or rebuilt. Recommendations?
> Particularly for the inexperienced?
>
> Gas tank will be drained and inspected for rust. A new 6 volt
> battery is needed. I also need a key. The bike didn't come with one.
> Does Honda produce them off the VIN? Should I just replace the
> ignition?
>
> Ultimately I'd like to keep this as original as possible (all old
> bike owners fantasy).
>
> My final plan will be to figure out how to mount this to a rickshaw.
> Interesting huh? given the sidecar discussions......
>
> Please advise if I'm crazy...
>
> Mike
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> C70 Passport Not Running Right?
> 1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
> 1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
> http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
> 1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
> 1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
> http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
> 1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
> http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)
>
> 1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
> 1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
>
> More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
> http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
> http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.htmlYahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)
1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
No comments:
Post a Comment