Hi Maggie:
It sounds like your 'addiction' is off to a fine start now. congrats!
Don't worry about the multiple bike thing too much - it does sound like you
got a few male genes mixed into your makeup .. as women usually do this for
shoes, as men tend to do it with 'big boy toys' - more is better is the only
logic that may be applied.
I've got two myself - bought much the same way - I call them my mid-life
crisis on the cheap. The first reminded me of my first 'motorcycle' 25+
years ago. The second was a low mileage yellow example that matched
perfectly with my loud-shirt fetish. I realize that I can only plant my
arse upon one at a time, but this hasn't stopped me from keeping both - the
first that I bought, I am going to leave in stock condition, possibly as a
living room display piece, while the other I am going to have my fun on,
both in terms of mods and riding.
The second one that I bought, came from a guy who barn rescued it. His wife
had to put her foot down and told him no more, he's not expanding his
collection further. He already had 11+ CT70 minitrails (that I counted/saw)
plus God knows how many more in pieces, scattered throughout the home
(upstairs, downstairs, garage). Now that's the definition of a 'big boy
toys' addiction, and an understanding wife!
Again, congrats!
(PS. Where were you when I was dating - sounds like your boyfriend got a
catch that likes to collect good stuff, instead of a shoe-hoarder LOL!)
William Strong
From: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of MaggiMia
Sent: June 3, 2011 3:32 AM
To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Honda-C70] I am Bad, Bad, very bad . .
But I found some great 'spare parts' for my bike on E-bay . . .like a red
'81 with under 1000 miles on it . . . and there was no one here but the dog
and parrots to keep a watch on me . . .
Now I will have to shuffle the budget some for a week or three, and have to
figure out how to explain this insanity to that Larry- - who is soundly
sleeping at his home with NO idea of what I have just done . . . Don't get
me wrong, I love my little blue bike and will NOT part with it. . . but I am
going to love it's cute little red 'sister' too. . .
And NO, I am not planning on parting out this 'new' bike, figure I can take
turns riding them . . and as I have no garage I might winter them in the
living room, I already have a radial arm saw in the living room here. . .
.surely I can park a little bike or 2 next to my yellow vintage 10 speed. .
. .
Sure hope the bike comes with 2 keys, that would be so nice. . . Maggie in
IL
_____
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 10.0.1375 / Virus Database: 1511/3676 - Release Date: 06/02/11
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)
1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
No comments:
Post a Comment