Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Re: [Honda-C70] Re: off topic (kindness to two pumps)

 

I had a Saab 3 cyl 2 stroke also

fyi The engines were warranted for life if you had them serviced @ the dealer

----- Original Message -----
From: Michael Swan
To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 7:34 AM
Subject: Re: [Honda-C70] Re: off topic (kindness to two pumps)

Older two strokes were messy but they are cheaper to manufacture and some folks
like them as they are always lubricated since you mix the oil with the fuel.
Most modern two stroke oils allow for a 50-1 mix and this provides less carbon
buildup in the exhaust and less smoke. When I first got my little NC50 Honda
Express going again, I used that mix in it until I could repair the oil pump and
it worked just fine. I have many toys that use 2 stroke, weedwackers, hedge
clippers, chainsaws and even a small generator. With proper maintenance they
are fine reliable machines. I even had a 61 Saab that had a 3 cylinder 2 stroke
engine.
Michael

________________________________
From: A <ak6666666@yahoo.co.uk>
To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wed, August 24, 2011 4:43:41 AM
Subject: [Honda-C70] Re: off topic (kindness to two pumps)

When I was buying my 70, Dad wanted me to get a Vespa scooter 150cc two stroke.
But Mom intervened saying that she had seen many people with stalled scooters.
I wonder how those spark plugs keep working amidst so much carbon and black goo.

--- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, "Jean Luc Picard" <atari2600a@...> wrote:
>
> I was wondering if it was a 2-stroke until you said rings :P
>
> Those 2-stroke sparkplugs get gunked up like a bear wiped it's ass with it.
>
> --- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, "A" <ak6666666@> wrote:
> >
> > (Favor to two, much used and neglected, water pumps)
> > In our factory, two water pumps Honda GX 160 (started with a hand crank) were
>(are) being used as donkeys to take out rain water. Noone took responsibility
>for their routine maintenance. Just used them and stored till next rain. Two
>weeks ago I did both a very kind favor. Changed their oil, Chevron Delo 500
>(10W40 or 15W40 not sure which), and cleaned their air filter with diesel. I
>wasnt able to fully heat the oil before drain, just slight warm oil. Even had a
>chance to flush it with diesel. One minute running with diesel in the oil area.
>One of the pumps showed clear signs of water mixed with oil, old oil was grey
>instead of black. Had its seals changed too.
> > Now whenever they work I feel so happy. They give good water output. Didnt
>get a chance to clean carb or spark plug. No smoke from exhaust so the
>rings/piston are fine. Their sound makes me feel good.
> >
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
C70 Passport Not Running Right?
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)

1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c

More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment