I personally haven't done the mod but there do exist filters with chromed covers. Not sure how it affects intake though. I personally would do is route it into the old airbox but of course that would be complicated & minimalize gains...
--- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, "tylerdrosdeck" <tylerdrosdeck@...> wrote:
>
> Have you experienced any problems in wet weather? My understanding is that these filters can have problems when they are wet....
>
> --- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, Joe Becker <joe70amx@> wrote:
> >
> > On mine 1980 C70 I did the same thing and ran the rubber tube from the top of the engine case down the back of the motor to the rear of the frame just like ALL the other small honda engines do, it works just fine without the extra crap on the carb intake.
> > PS, the ones I got on e-bay came with a hose clamp, slipped it on the end of the carb and tightened the clamp. I also installed one on my 1970  CT70.
> >
> > From: tylerdrosdeck <tylerdrosdeck@>
> > To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
> > Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 1:46 PM
> > Subject: [Honda-C70] Re: New air filter makes me :)
> >
> >
> > Â
> >
> > What did you do about the crankcase breather tube?
> >
> > --- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, "Jay" <jayedyburn@> wrote:
> > >
> > > No questions today, just a comment for anyone thinking about changing out their air filter or wanting a little more "umph" out of their passport. I just installed the 45 degree air filter from beatrice cycle
> > >
> > > http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/45-AIR-FILTER-CT70-ATC70-SL70-XL70-CL70-C70-PASSPORTS-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem588480de1dQQitemZ380180160029QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
> > >
> > > $13.99 and free shipping! Let me tell you, it was worth every penny. I went for the 45 bent filter because I was a little worried about it hitting on the front fender when the wheel is turned straight and it fit no problem. I was able to get rid of a lot of hoses and baffles that were cluttering up the frame area in front of the carb. After installation (5-10 minutes) and a slight tweak of the carb (thanks again Mike G) I was ready to roll. The whole thing took me no longer than 5 minutes and is easy enough for my grandma to do it. When I first revved it up to take off it definitely caught me off guard with the torque and scooted me back on the seat quite a bit. It easily increased the power down low as well as when I'm climbing hills. I wont ramble on much more, but all I can say is that anyone that is thinking about doing it or is looking for a quick cheap way to make their passport a little quicker I HIGHLY recommend this modification. The shipped
> > it out to me in about 3 days and were very helpful. If anyone is interested in doing this to their bike I would be more than happy to do a quick write up if needed. I know that some people dont have much mechanical experience and think they might not be able to do it, but it is truly easy to do. One small side note, it seemed that the filter was a little loose where it was connected to the rubber so I wrapped it with electrical tape to keep it from rattling and to make it an air tight seal so all of the air coming in must go through the filter. Super glue would work best, but I need to buy some more and this should work until then. Good luck and have fun!
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)
1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
No comments:
Post a Comment