Wednesday, August 31, 2011

[Honda-C70] Re: Chain Problems

 

Yup! You guys were right! I didn't have the marks lined up correctly. The right side was a little more forward than the left side. I got them adjusted and the noise is gone!

THANKS!!!!! That was a HUGE help! (I'm sure I'll have another problem in a few days)

Marc Randall

--- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, "MarcRandall30" <marcrandall30@...> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone!
>
> I'm Marc Randall and last week I bought me and my wife a couple of C70s.
> Mine is a 1980 model with 1800 miles and her's is an '82 with 500.
>
> Both bikes run well but there are some minor issues that I'm working to fix.
>
> The most current issue is this:
> My bike (the 1980 model) when ridden, had a clicking noise coming from the chain guard (like the chain was rubbing on a bolt that was too long - or something like that) Last night I pulled the guard off, rode it around to make sure there weren't any kinks, sprayed lubricant on the chain and replaced the chain guard. I rolled it around the shop and that seemed to fix the problem. Then I went to ride on it (I'm 6' 2" and about 220 lbs). When I sat on the bike and moved it out onto the driveway I could hear the chain really rubbing on the inside.
> I pulled everything off and adjusted the slack in the chain by tightening the adjustment nuts.
> That seemed to help a little but now it clicks and then rubs for a bit, clicks and then rubs for a bit.
> So can I'm assume that when I took up the slack in the chain I didn't quite make the same adjustment to the other side (meaning the adjustment nut that's on the right hand side of the bike on the rear wheel)?
> If that's the case is there an easier way to adjust the chain to eliminate the clicking and rubbing without having to make a tension adjustment, put everything back together, ride it, and then repeat the process until it's fixed?
>
> Sorry if this seems like an elementary question. I'm new to working on these things!
>
> THANKS in advance! Any advice will help a great deal!!!
>
> Marc Randall
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
C70 Passport Not Running Right?
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)

1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c

More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
MARKETPLACE
A bad score is 596. A good idea is checking yours at freecreditscore.com.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment