Thanks for all the helpful tips guys. Ended up just buying a new carb from Wincycles, which were awesome by the way very fast delivery and decent price. Put the new carb on this afternoon and instantly the engine started purring like a kitten ran strong in gear and out and idled like a new scooter on the showroom floor. Took it for a ride and ran it for at least an hour going all over town and never had a problem once. Thanks guys I really appreciate the help.
--- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, "ross9824" <ross9824@...> wrote:
>
> Bought a 81 Honda C70 Passport this summer. Tried to ride it, but I just can't get the idle to level out and stay strong and consistent. I have cleaned the carb out a number of times and played with the air screw and idle screw so much i'm going crazy. I can usually get it started and idling fine in neutral, however as soon as I get it into gear it bogs down and chokes itself out. So i will restart it put it in gear and play with the idle to keep it going in gear, but when i put it back in neutral it revs very high and doesn't sound right. I need some help, I have no idea what to do or check at this point minus starting to rip into the engine itself. My experience tells me it's something to do with the carb, but I've played with it so much and pulled it off and gone through it so many times, I don't really know what's going on. Any ideas??
>
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)
1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
No comments:
Post a Comment