Tire pressure is huge (in respect to C70)...
I had 15 psi in each tire, got it to 33psi and already I have a 5+ top speed increase plus better acceleration.
Small things make a huge difference IMHO.
-Mike (Chicago)
--- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, "cayman2653" <cayman2653@...> wrote:
>
> I am about to loose my mind trying to solve this problem and need some help. My bike has a new piston, rings, cylinder, carb, clutch, cam chain and most tensioner parts and it runs good at low speed. The carb is adjusted so there is no bogging at all and the idle is very slow and smooth. The cam timing is right, the ignition timing is slightly advanced ( it seems to run better like this )from the F mark and the point gap is correct. The valve clearance is set at 0.002in per the manuel. The bike feels like it has power in first and second gears and will accellerate to the shift marks on the speedometer. In third gear it runs right up to 32-35 mph and will go no higher. I have played with the timing until I am blue in the face and nothing seems to make much difference in the performance. When the new carb was installed I removed the fuel tank and cleaned it out good, replaced the fuel lines and adjusted the carb. Rechecked the carb for main jet size yesterday. I could not find any numbers on the jet so I installed the stock Honda carbs main jet. This did seem to make the power level feel stronger but did not help the top speed any. Also checked the slide to confirm it does open all the way and the needle is set in the middle slot. Float level was checked and found to be about 1/8" low; reset to Honda spec's. Does anyone have a guess what could be the problem?
>
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)
1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
No comments:
Post a Comment