I was just wondering the same thing as I started on cleaning up an '82. Searching through the messages I found the quoted text below. I think you can get it off with some harder twisting/elbow grease *but be super careful not tear the rubber breather tube connection on the bottom side of air case* I had already bought a new filter so I will most likely use the suggestion below and cut the paper filter/lube the tube:
"The air filter might LOOK easy to remove, but frequently they are
stuck in place. The filter is simply a press-fit over a rubber tube
with a fat spot the filter has to be twisted over to install or
remove. If you can't work some vaseline onto the rubber tube or force
the filter off it without damaging it. You might consider buying a
new filter and cutting the old one off (snip through the paper and
twist off the base after applying a little vaseline to the
now-exposed rubber) to prevent damaging the rubber airbox plenum.
There is a vacuum hose mounted to the side of the plenum that is
fragile. Be careful not to tear the rubber where it mounts, or you'll
have to repair it to get the vacuum hose back on.
You got the fuel and oil filter corrections already.
All this stuff is in the free online shop manual we serve up on our site.
Carry on.
Mike G."
--- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, "Luke" <lukewyatt@...> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> A quick and silly questions...
>
> Is there a trick for removing the air filter (round style found in 82 and 83)?
>
> I open everything up and it seems like the filter should just sort of pull out with a bit of a tug, but it doesn't. It will spin in place, however.
>
> Maybe I'm just being too gentle and really need to tug it?
>
> Any insight?
>
> Thanks.
>
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)
1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
No comments:
Post a Comment