Hi all:
I've decided that I need to part with my '81 Passport. I've got two of them
at this time, and out of the two, this one gets used about 5% of the time.
As such, I could use the room in the garage more than I need a second
Passport. My modded '82 Passport does all that I want it to do, so I'm
happy with owning just one.
I figure that I'd give those on list who might be looking for one local to
me, first crack at it first before I put it up on kijiji and other online
sites.
I'm going to try to describe it as accurately as is possible.
'81 Honda Passport with ~8100 km's indicated.
Purchased for $890.00 in April 2010.
Was a barn-find revival, last registered on road 1986.
Have previous owners ownership and a bill of sale back-dated. I didn't get
around to registering it in my name.
All plastics are in excellent condition.
Since I have gotten it, I have replaced the exhaust system with a new, OEM
'82-83 version.
Carb intake cover, sidecovers, aftermarket center-stand, brake lever, keyed
ignition and helmet lock, mirrors, choke cable all replaced/added-on. It
usually starts up first-kick hot or cold, even having sat for a few weeks.
Cosmetically it's a 7/10. It's got light surface rust/paint-crazing from
being stored so long. It definitely passes the 10 foot rule, though.
It would require new tires ($75.00)
There is no key for the steering lock.
It would require a new battery, headlight/replaceable headlight assembly and
all bulbs sorted out. I do have some spare, good bulbs to go with the bike.
Not sure on the chain/sprockets - I haven't actually removed the chain guard
to inspect.
It's got Chinese fat handlebar grips on it - if you are anal about
correctness, you might want to replace them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhfXsX3574k
Please note - it does not have the Michelin Gazelles on it any longer - I
put those onto my '82.
It idles and sounds better now - I sussed out the carb and adjusted the
timing.
I tidied up the wiring so it should just need the new battery and bulbs to
make right.
It comes with some spare parts, removed from an '81 parts bike - not a lot,
but some.
Located in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. I am not willing to ship. $1000.00
firm.
Thanks,
William Strong
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)
1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
No comments:
Post a Comment