Tuesday, June 28, 2011

RE: [Honda-C70] Crank case threads stripped or something

Jill : Is there any chance when you replaced all the bolts that you get the wrong bolts . Like american thread instead of metric thread. Sad to say if the threads are striped they are in the motor block ,not the cover. It may be possible to retap new larger threads ,but it would be best done by a good machinist. I had a broken exhaust stud in my head & had a hard time getting someone to try fixing it. Finally a machine shop forman said " if we agree that it is junk with no value now & I have no liability if it can`t be fixed ,I will try" . I said yes & he did fix it with an american thread cap screw in place of the stud. Good Luck! Baby Huey

To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
From: jillvee@yahoo.com
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 01:25:34 +0000
Subject: [Honda-C70] Crank case threads stripped or something


i have oil leaking out of my crank case and i have had oil leaking out of there for a while. I was missing bolts at first so i replaced em all and it still leaks. I thought it was then a gasket but then when i was trying to tighten the bolts a little more, i noticed that how ever much you tighten the bolts they just keep spinning. I know this is definitely NOT smart, but is there a way to rig the case so it won't leak without replacing it. Like maybe sealing off the outside where it joins. any ideas?


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

C70 Passport Not Running Right?
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73
C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81
C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)

1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83
C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c

More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.htmlYahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Honda-C70/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Honda-C70/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Honda-C70-digest@yahoogroups.com
Honda-C70-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Honda-C70-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment