Sunday, June 26, 2011

[Honda-C70] Re: Fuel gauge anyone?

 

Thanks. I guess for now I'll just have to keep aware about it and always check it. At least until I can start counting miles instead. I wonder if there is some kind of Oxygen sensor that I could just stick onto the side of the tank? Maybe if it exists, stick it into the tank and then drill a hole at the top for the wire, then just seal it with some gasoline proof sealant. Maybe that could work... Well only if such a think actually exists.

--- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jlbmk@...> wrote:
>
> Somewhere around my shop I have a c70 sending unit from a UK model. I never found the speedo it goes along with. I can't find anyone brave enough to cut/weld on a tank.
> However I do think a sight check should suffice. If you've grafteda a 140cc engine in there you are burning fuel faster than you realize.
> Even my simple 88cc/20mm carb setup swills fuel faster - I never leave home without an extra gas can.
> jk
>
> --- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, myron andrews <mvandrews13@> wrote:
> >
> >
> > I remember seeing a "made in Japan" gas gage that replaced the gas cap with a cap that had a cork or plastic float that drove a needle on the cap. I have seen lawn mowers that had similar gauges but a screw on cap , not twist lock like our gas caps. It sold for what I thought was big bucks on Ebay. The disadvantage was you needed to raise the seat to see it ,so why not remove the cap & look in for O $ spent. In the past there was a discussion on how to remember when to fill up. I suggested the person put a grease pen or dry erase marker by the gas cap & mark the glass on the speedometer with the current mileage when filling the tank. Not as handy as a trip meter or gage but very simple like our c70`s. Good Luck ! Baby Huey PS a zip lock bag taped by the gas cap was the cheap & ugly way to keep a marker by the gas cap to remind you to use it.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
> > From: jonathan.yoon@
> > Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 21:46:00 +0000
> > Subject: [Honda-C70] Fuel gauge anyone?
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > So I've been thinking about this for awhile now. And especially more so after I've had some problems at stop lights. Is there any way to install some sort of low fuel indicator or fuel gauge into an 81 C70 tank?
> >
> > I've got a Lifan 140 kick start only engine, and running out of fuel at a stop light, then switching to res and kick starting it at a green light is not my idea of fun. It's happened about 4 times now.
> >
> > So perhaps if somehow there was a way to install an indicator light on the dash to tell when fuel is low and just not use the res function at all would be a great thing for me.
> >
> > Just tossing the idea around though.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
C70 Passport Not Running Right?
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)

1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c

More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment