Don't know... but I hope somebody answers this because I have the same problem. Cleaned carb and it struggles to start. Take out the plug and dry it off an it will start, but eventually it bogs down and blackens the plug. Sigh.
--- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, "cayman2653" <cayman2653@...> wrote:
>
> Fellows, I have a 81, C70 with a new piston and cylinder. The carb has been cleaned and was running fine, light tan on the spark plug, before installing the new piston & cylinder. Now the spark plug is black and the bike will not idle right after the engine gets hot. Starts on the first kick and idles very smooth when it is cold. It will start on the first kick when hot but I have to keep blipping the throttle to keep it running. I can set the idle speed up for hot operation but it is way to fast for cold. Does anyone have and idea what is wrong?
>
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)
1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
No comments:
Post a Comment