Thanks Mike. I took the carb off and it was flowing good. However, The gas was brown and gross. Maybe that is causing the problem.
--- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, Mike Gladu <mgladu@...> wrote:
>
> At 9:14 PM +0000 5/30/11, broc_wilde wrote:
> >1) The bike starts up fine once it has been warmed, but does
> >take about 10 kicks when it is cold.
> >2) I replaced the spark plug
> >3) Spark plug is slightly black when it is removed
> >4) Runs well when the choke is all the way pulled
> >5) Idles well, but after idling for about 5 minutes it just stops.
> >6) If I try to accelerate with the choke off, it does not go
> >unless I pull the choke open again.
> >7) I installed a new carb
> >8) I replaced the fuel lines, and I think they are maybe a
> >millimeter larger in diameter than the original
> >9) I do not know how to check the compression, but I am not sure
> >if that is the issue if it runs well with the choke open.
> >10) It does not backfire at all.
> >
> >So any ideas? I think it has to do with the fuel/air mixture, but I
> >am not sure. The overall problem is when I accelerate with the
> >choke off it does not go and just stalls. If the choke is all the
> >way pulled, then it runs well.
>
> Fuel delivery first - make sure the bowl is filling by opening the
> bowl drain screw and seeing if the flow stays constant for a while.
>
> If the tank cap vent is clogged, the delivery will stop when the
> vacuum overcomes the gentle gravity feed pressure.
>
> If the float is stuck (UP position, float needle valve closed), the
> carb will run dry after a few minutes. Tap the bowl with the handle
> of a large screwdriver to shake it loose. If that doesn't start the
> fuel flowing - take the bowl off and inspect the assembly. I've seen
> floats installed upside-down.
>
> If the fuel delivery is OK - it's time to move on to the blackened plug.
>
> Wrong heat range plug, bad cap (resistor type), bad wire, bad generator output.
>
> Mike G.
> -
>
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)
1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
No comments:
Post a Comment