Motorized vehicle means riding the vehicle under motor power. If you are walking it and pushing it, the term motorized becomes moot. Would the cop give a guy pushing a lawn mower on the bridge a ticket? If you suffered a mechanical breakdown and you're being "a good concern citizen" by moving your ride by pushing it especially uphill to prevent a traffic jam should convince the judge to throw the citation out. Question the cop if you were riding the bike? Is the engine running? Ask the cop if he was in your place and you have a functional motorcycle, would he rather ride it or push it uphill? I would still contest the citation because you have nothing to loose but either a reduction in fine or the citation being completely tossed out. Go ahead have fun, and fight it!!
From: robert <icardvarks@yahoo.com>
To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, September 2, 2011 4:41 PM
Subject: [Honda-C70] Re: seems its illegal
To be fair, there were signs saying no motorized vehicles but it wasn't running , sooooo grey area maybe
I wonder if motorized bicycles or a actual moped would be allowed. I cant see anyone on a motorized bicycle in traffic tying to cross the bridge at 5 mph anyway without using the walkway.
The cop said that if he let me do it,then everyone with a motorcycle would do it, I don't think so, the uphill crown of the bridge is quite a work out.
> You should contest the citation. Tell the judge that you suffered a mechanical break down and you do not want your classic bike be towed away. I did it on the Golden Gate and won. The judge ask the highway patrol what would happen if I had just left it there and he confirmed that it would have been towed away.
>
> Â
> From: robert <icardvarks@...>
> To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Friday, September 2, 2011 2:59 PM
> Subject: [Honda-C70] seems its illegal
>
>
> Â
>
> Got a ticket for pushing my c70 on the pedestrian walkway over the Tacoma Narrows Bridge in washington state to avoid paying the toll (that I think is silly anyway).
> My thinking was they allow bicycles so why not.
> I wouldnt suggest it anyway the uphill part is killer but the view is spectacular.
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)
1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
No comments:
Post a Comment