Thursday, September 1, 2011

[Honda-C70] Surge at idle

 

Here's my next major problem....

My bike isn't idling consistently. It'll idle and then speed up and then slow back down to idle again (this happens without me touching anything.) I've adjusted the throttle stop screw up and down and still get the same results.
Even when I'm in the 2 and 3 gears the speed surges and then slows (it's not real bad but it gets your attention!)
And even after I've ridden it for awhile, if i stop at a stop sign without giving it a little gas it'll die outright.
It's not really a huge issue until I have to pull away from a stop sign or light and the idle is reaching the peak of it's surge. When I shift into gear it lurches forward.

There is a small amount of surface rust in the gas tank so I'm going to see if I can take care of that. I'm also going to pull the carb and clean it and the fuel lines.
SO... my questions is: Do you guys think that what i'm about to do will fix the problem or is there something else I should consider cleaning, rebuilding or replacing?

Thanks in advance!!!!
Marc Randall
Decatur AR
1980 C70, 1,900 miles.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
C70 Passport Not Running Right?
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)

1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c

More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
MARKETPLACE
A good Credit Score is 720, find yours & what impacts it at freecreditscore.com.

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment