I've heard synthetic oils tend to slip the autoclutch but I wouldn't know much about that, still felt like a good hunch to ask.
Mine did this before & really all it took was a warm engine & level ground. The reason mine acted up was because I was riding in a city bordering the Sacramento valley, at night.
So rev things up a bit, say 5mins in neutral, then re-adjust. Remember, you should be doing it in 1/8th turn intervals, & put some newspaper under the crankcase as it'll leak oil if you turn out too much.
--- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, "K" <dreadedskullet@...> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the reply!
> I just changed the oil actually. The kind I got from the local motorcycle coop.
> "specro 4 motorcycle lubricant" SAE 10w40
>
> --- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, "Jean Luc Picard" <atari2600a@> wrote:
> >
> > Are you using a fancy synthetic oil?
> >
> > --- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, "K" <dreadedskullet@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello. please help.
> > > At first I was having trouble shifting down from second gear to first and neutral which I tried fixing by adjusting the clutch back as it says it the maual. This kept happening a few time.
> > > This morning when I went to leave now all the sudden neutral and first are so easy to get into, it just wont go into second, so I can't go anywhere.
> > > What's up with that?
> > >
> >
>
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)
1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
No comments:
Post a Comment