How was the bike imported? More importantly how was it (previously) registered? If it was brought from someone in the Armed Forces you shouldn't have to provide more than the VIN on the title, especially since SMOG doesn't apply to motorcycles in CA...
--- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, Michael Swan <mikeswan@...> wrote:
>
> Pretty spiffy looking bike, I had to look them up as I had never heard of them
> before. Jazzed up Cub, I suppose. Good luck getting it registered, I would
> hate that you had to cannabilize it for another bike. You could consider moving
> to the state that approved it.
> Michael
>
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: Tim <finisford@...>
> To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Fri, September 2, 2011 10:40:04 PM
> Subject: [Honda-C70] 2005 Honda Wave 125I
>
> Â
> Well, I got my hands on a WAVE! It is fantastic! 65 MPH no problem and many cool
> little features like being able to shift from 4th to neutral but only at a
> complete stop. It has a clear title and current registration in another state
> but that may not be good enough for Ca. I went to the DMV today and they wanted
> to see emission stickers in English. I would love input on any ideas to keep it
> on the road. If I cannot get it registered I could use all the parts to make a
> pretty custom 125cc fuel injected Passport with front forks, disc brake, fuel
> gauge and gear indicator. I do not know what I am going to do with it right now
> but I love it. Everyone around me does not understand why I like this bike so
> much out of the 50+ bikes I have but who cares. It is in SoCal if anyone wants
> to check it out. Timaahhh
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)
1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
No comments:
Post a Comment