Hi, Bill again, just got back from a ride, I hit 45 mph and about 47 on the downhill on my 1983 c70, I'm closer to 190 lbs, just for the record, and I have the original carb. The c70 is like my 96 Corolla with a 3 speed automatic, it runs good at 55, but is working real hard at 70 mph, since it is the stripped down version with no OD. The cub is like that, it is comfortable cruising at 35, but when your going 45, you know your pushing the bike harder than you should, and if you ride that way too long it's not a good thing. I live in San Francisco, and it is tough keeping up with traffic, if they don't like it, just go around, anyway, I just meet them at the next red light and move to the front of the pack...ha ha you poor guys stuck in traffic in the city. I love my Honda. My first bike over 35 years ago was a Honda 50, my second bike a Honda 90. After a bunch of big bikes, I find my self through a lot of issues, (no garage of my own), that I'm back to
the cub, and I like it, but you have to change your driving as the cub has no power...you have to wait for all the cars ot go by before you pull out, but riding it is a joy, and fun. Take care. Bill
--- On Tue, 8/9/11, Gustavo Gonzalez <gusg011@cox.net> wrote:
From: Gustavo Gonzalez <gusg011@cox.net>
Subject: [Honda-C70] Re: Top speed
To: "Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com" <Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tuesday, August 9, 2011, 3:22 PM
Hello guys gals,
I have an 81 C70 with 3k miles on the clock. It run great, but at 197 lbs the most I get on flat land is 42 if I am lucky. On a down hill I can hit 45 to 47 at best. If it is a real steep hill maybe I will hit 50 but I have never had it on a steep hill.
Gus G
Baton Rouge, La
Sent from my iPhone
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)
1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
No comments:
Post a Comment