To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
From: atari2600a@yahoo.com
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 02:20:25 +0000
Subject: [Honda-C70] Re: Gearshift lever removal
At first I thought it WAS damaged, until I noticed the lever itself grinding against the footpeg assembly. It seems to shift just fine so I haven't bothered pulling the clutch cover off, if it IS damaged it'll be a whole other thing to deal with but I'll have to take things one step at a time. The lever itself is bent so I'll need to pull it off anyways.
--- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, myron andrews <mvandrews13@...> wrote:
>
>
> Jean Luc: I seem to remember that you crashed your c70 bent the front fork,wheel,foot pegs & shifter. Have you removed the clutch side cover to check the shift shaft & mechanism for damage on that side of the bike ? If there is damage to the shift shaft & it will need to be replaced anyway your last option may be to saw the shaft off at the shifter so that you don`t damage the left side engine cases or burn the wiring in the generator . Mike G idea of a puller sounds more promising that mine of a saw but it may be a last resort. Good Luck! Baby Huey
>
>
>
>
> To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
> From: atari2600a@...
> Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 22:54:11 +0000
> Subject: [Honda-C70] Re: Gearshift lever removal
>
>
>
>
>
>
> It's really on there. Either way it looks like I'll have to take a crow bar to the lever while it's on there to bend it back into place, then a sledge hammer (or large mallet) & punch to get the gearshift shaft straight again (otherwise I risk leaking oil at high pressure)
>
> --- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, william belleau <wjbelleau@> wrote:
> >
> > OK have to ask, you did take the pinch bolt out?
> > Next you sure it is supost to come off? Someone might have had troubles with it and put it on to stay
> > ether welded or jambed it on.
> > Â
> > That said, remove pinch bolt, if that does not work take a large stubby screw driver and press it into the
> > slot to relieve tension. If that does not work a small gear puller is called for. Do not hammer on the
> > shifter in any way, you can damage the shift shaft and linkage.
> > Â
> > If the lever was loose it might have tried to skip a spline and that might be why it is hard to remove.
> > Bill
> > Portland OR
> >
> > From: Jean Luc Picard <atari2600a@>
> > To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
> > Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2011 10:47 PM
> > Subject: [Honda-C70] Gearshift lever removal
> >
> >
> > Â
> > The hell maybe I'm going crazy but I could have swarn I posted this already but meh.
> >
> > I can't get my gearshift lever off. I've tried WD-40 & even hammering a flathead in the bottom gap but it just won't come out. any ideas?
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
------------------------------------
C70 Passport Not Running Right?
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)
1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.htmlYahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Honda-C70/
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Honda-C70/join
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
Honda-C70-digest@yahoogroups.com
Honda-C70-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Honda-C70-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
No comments:
Post a Comment