do you have an inline fuel filter?
Shane Rivet
USCRA#121
srivet@rivetrestorations.com
http://rivetrestorations.com
http://www.race-uscra.com
"HRS"
IS REAL!! AND THERE'S NO CURE!!!
No, There's no App for that....
Honda Recovery/Restoration Syndrome
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Honda-C70] Re: exceleration flat spots
From: "A" <ak6666666@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, August 09, 2011 2:09 am
To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
Check for any water in the carb. Clean the carb.
Get new spark plug.
--- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, "c50.1971" <c50.1971@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Everyone,
> This is my first post, so I'll start by introducing my bike. I have a 1971 C50, that I purchased a few months ago. The bike mechanic I take it to has tried twice to get it to run smoothly with no luck, so I'm hoping someone out there can help me out.
>
> The Problem:
> It starts easily, most times first kick. Then it has a bit of a splutter so I hold the throttle on a just little bit to keep it running (choke is on about 3/4). After a minute or so it's fine to idle on its own, I then turn the choke off when it's warm.
>
> In 2nd gear about mid revs it has a few flat spots before I can rev it up to 3rd It kind of feels like I'm braking on off & on a few times - which I'm not!. Same things happens in 3rd. Once I'm cruising along it's fine. Also when I am cruising along in 3rd in mid revs I'll excelerate to get speed up, it will have a bit of a spit attack - only mild though. It doesn't seem respond to exceleration smoothly.
>
> It has a non genuine (KIEHAN) carby on it. Which the mechanic thinks might not be the correct one and this could be the problem - he has set it up as best he can. I have the original carby which was taken off due to the choke mechanism being broken. The original owner claims the carby was fine at the time of sale. but I never got to ride it because it was an interstate sale - a gamble that I took, guess I'm paying for it now!
>
> Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
> Thanks
>
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)
1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
No comments:
Post a Comment