As soon as it dies, can you check it for spark? If no spark, I would suggest a breakdown in the ignition coil once it gets warmed up. If you have spark, then I would look to fuel delivery. You say you sandblasted the gas tank, are you positive that you got all the residue out of it? If you replaced the fuel lines, did you use clear ones that allow you to see fuel flow? You can just about ride one of these bikes for 2 minutes on just the fuel in the bowl so you might make sure everything is clean and free flowing.
Good luck
Michael
--- On Sun, 8/21/11, m.gage10@rocketmail.com <m.gage10@rocketmail.com> wrote:
From: m.gage10@rocketmail.com <m.gage10@rocketmail.com>
Subject: [Honda-C70] '81 Passport Runs For a Few Minutes Then Dies
To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 3:46 PM
I'm working on my sister's Passport and having some problems.
It starts up fine, warms up, I drive it around for about 2 minutes then it dies while I'm riding it. I can't figure out the problem. Also the throttle is sticking a little bit.
Things done to combat the problem:
-Rebuilt and cleaned Carb.
-Sandblasted and sealed inside of gas tank.
-New fuel lines.
-New air filter.
Any ideas?
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)
1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
No comments:
Post a Comment