Saturday, August 13, 2011

[Honda-C70] Used to run and now it won't even start

 

I just picked up a C70 three days ago from craigslist.
(By the way I think this group is freakin' rad and am way excited to be a part of this)
This is my first attempt at owning/maintaining a bike. When I bought the thing it worked great, took for a nice long test drive and everything was fine. I even drove it around later that evening. Then, on the road it started to sputter in 3rd, so I'd drop down to 2nd and then go back up. That worked for a minute. After that I'd have to choke a little to get it cruising. Eventually, even with the choke on it shut off completely. Now it won't start, I can get it to turn over with the ignition button and the headlight will even start to light up a little. But it doesn't take.
The neutral light is still strong and the starter button still fires - so I don't think its the battery. I pulled out the spark plug and checked that - it still sparks up. I get good pressure in the chamber. The carburetor over-flow line still has good flow. I'm not sure what else to check or if I missed something in my other checks.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
C70 Passport Not Running Right?
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)

1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c

More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment