Oh, Sorry, I have an '83 c70. And i also heard that when you put the cam chain on, you need slack on the side of the tensioner or else it will be off a tooth. Is that true?
--- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, "A" <ak6666666@...> wrote:
>
> Whenever I twist the throttle I get strong tug. Also get strong deceleration when throttle is closed. I think that my clutch disk is ok.
>
>
> --- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, myron andrews <mvandrews13@> wrote:
> >
> >
> > Your clutch probably is not as strong as it was when you & the bike were younger . Mine pulled stronger when new also . Baby Huey
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
> > From: ak6666666@
> > Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 03:50:31 +0000
> > Subject: [Honda-C70] Re: steps to adjusting cam chain tensioner
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Baby Huey I too followed your instructions. I screwed in the rod good 5-6 turns till it turned no further. This was done while the engine was running. I heard no change in engine noise. My conclusion is that my timing chain is too slack and cant be tightened by this rod.
> >
> > Back in '86 when it was new and I was 60 kg, my bike easily did wheelie in first gear. That feat is way out of the question now although Im little less than 100 kg. I suspect that my engine is just not giving the torque it did when new.
> >
> > So, should I screw in that rod all the way? Should I get a new timing chain?
> >
> > --- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, myron andrews <mvandrews13@> wrote:
> > >
> > >
> > > Jill . On my 81 it was in to tighten . Clock wise if you were laying on the ground looking up ,or counter clock wise if you are looking down on the motor from above. I don`t know if 82/83`s even have a slotted rod to turn as they are supposed to be fully automatic hydraulically adjusted . Good Luck ! Baby Huey
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
> > > From: jillvee@
> > > Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 00:32:02 +0000
> > > Subject: [Honda-C70] Re: steps to adjusting cam chain tensioner
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Ok, i know how to adjust it now, but do i screw the adjusting bolt in or out to tighten it?
> > >
> > > --- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, myron andrews <mvandrews13@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Jill : No . The cap on the bottom of the motor is where you adjust by the instruction for your year bike ,82/83 addendum for you. Read pages 20-14 thru 20-16 & 20-27 until you understand what may need to be done. The only reason to removing the fly wheel to get at the cam chain adjuster should be if something is broken & needs to be replaced. If any of you 82/83 guys have done this share your knowledge . Mine is an 81 & not the same as the 82/83`s. Baby Huey
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
> > > > From: jillvee@
> > > > Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 16:02:10 +0000
> > > > Subject: [Honda-C70] steps to adjusting cam chain tensioner
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > So I have to remove the flywheel and everything to get to the tensioner right? and then once i get to where i can work with tensioner, then how do i adjust it?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)
1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
No comments:
Post a Comment