Monday, August 29, 2011

[Honda-C70] Re: Milage

 



--- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, "Jon" <jonathan.yoon@...> wrote:
>
> How about a 140? I've got a 140 and my front tire is too large for the speedo/odometer to read properly.
>
> I found that when I had 88cc BBK, 20mm carb, K&N airfilter, ultra high cam, after market ultra head, and heavy duty valve springs; that the bike didn't pull me the speed I wanted. I only weigh 180 lbs also.
>
> Maybe with the new oil pump and 17t countershaft sprocket you'll have better luck with that setup. I was able to get up to 55mph but only after a long time, not enough power to be at the front of a stop light and not have someone honk and then angrily pass me. Let us know how that goes. Maybe a less restrictive exhaust is in order also =D
>
> --- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, "BrianW" <brianweber@> wrote:
> >
> > 100mpg still likely. You can get that even with a 110.
> >
> > --- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, "Jean Luc Picard" <atari2600a@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > As per the groups advice, I plan on modifying my bike as follows:
> > 88cc BBK + high-volume oil pump, 18-20mm carb, performance air filter,
> > 17t countershaft sprocket. Can anyone tell me what kind of milage to
> > expect?
> > >
> >
>

I know this post is about a month old...I was searching for info on the 88cc piston kit and noticed the plans for modifying the bike...
You also need to open up the exhaust on the C70 to a 90 or 100cc bike exhaust system to allow it to pump the increased air and volume without choking the system. Got to increase the exhaust size as well or you won't see a lot of gain from the 88cc kit.

David

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
C70 Passport Not Running Right?
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)

1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c

More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
MARKETPLACE
A bad score is 596. A good idea is checking yours at freecreditscore.com.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment