Sunday, August 14, 2011

[Honda-C70] Re: C70 windshield hardware

 

I wish it was cold where I live... 100+ degrees for the past 49 consecutive days. It's like a convection oven here. Well it could be worse, it could be 100+ and humid!

--- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, Chris Bader <bader_ct@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Baby Huey,
>
> Oh, that makes sense - we don't really have any bugs up here.  Now that I think about it, it's been such a cold
> summer not one bug has hit my helmet shield this year. 
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: myron andrews <mvandrews13@...>
> To: honda-c70@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Saturday, August 13, 2011 5:42 PM
> Subject: RE: [Honda-C70] Re: C70 windshield hardware
>
>
> Chris :  It will go 2 or 3 MPH faster that the wind bouncing off my 200+ body , no bugs to wash off my glasses , nice to tuck in behind in a sudden rain. I can go on & on . The only thing you miss with a windshield is the wind    ,slamming bugs into you.  I can still get a breeze up my T shirt sleeves if I lean forward & stick my elbows out .  Baby Huey
>
>
>
>
> To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
> From: bader_ct@...
> Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 16:58:31 -0700
> Subject: Re: [Honda-C70] Re: C70 windshield hardware
>
>
>  
>
>
>
> Hi,
>
> Just out of curiousity, what is the benefit of a windshield on a passport?  I thought those were made for faster bikes.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris
>
> ________________________________
> From: robert <icardvarks@...>
> To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Saturday, August 13, 2011 4:39 PM
> Subject: [Honda-C70] Re: C70 windshield hardware
>
>  
>
> I had the same problem, just don't think the bars are strong enough to hold the weight over bumps repeatedly, I had planned to buy a new one but in the meantime drilled small holes two in the lower corners and two just below mirror height and attached it with tie wraps around the mirror post and around the blinkers post , that was three years ago, works great hardly noticeable and seems more stable (I think because it now has four attachment points). I replace the wraps maybe once a year.
>
> --- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, myron andrews <mvandrews13@> wrote:
> >
> >
> > I am sure that if you can find the right shop to weld it that it can be welded .But not with out ruining the chrome & the cost may be more than a new windshield . I would not enjoy riding my 81 C70 as much if it didn`t have a windshield . Maybe you should shop for a new windshield ,& now that you mentioned a need for one I would bet there will be one on Ebay in the next weeks . But don`t hope for repair parts for your NOS to show up , that would be a miracle . Good Luck ! Baby Huey
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
> > From: susanj11@
> > Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 16:23:31 +0000
> > Subject: [Honda-C70] C70 windshield hardware
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Hi everyone! I have a 1970 C70M, manufactured in Japan in April, 1970. My little "Hondella" is my pride & joy... but I have a dilemma. I have an NOS Slipstreamer windshield that WAS attached with chromed hardware, using those two fastening spots under the handlebars. But one of the supporting arm's end broke off, and it can't be welded/repaired. Does anyone know where I could get a new set of windshield supports that fasten underneath the handlebars? Any help would be most appreciated! Thanks!
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
>
>                        
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> C70 Passport Not Running Right?
> 1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
> 1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
> http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
> 1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
> 1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
> http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
> 1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
> http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)
>
> 1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
> 1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
>
> More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
> http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
> http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.htmlYahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
C70 Passport Not Running Right?
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)

1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c

More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
MARKETPLACE
From a bad 598 to 830 best, where's your score? freecreditscore.com.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment