Monday, August 29, 2011

[Honda-C70] Re: '82 C70 Fuel Leak

 

I have had this problem twice. First was a worn out needle valve. Inspect the rubber tip of your needle valve very closely for wear/errosion. The second time I had a sinking float that was half full of gas. The good thing is that the float is semi-transparent so you can easily see if it has gas in it. I would also recomend a new gasket set and fuel filter as long as you are taking it apart. I changed my screws over to the allen head type and couldn't be happier. The metal in those old Honda screws seems soft is so easy to round out. I would definitly recommend rebuilding your existing carb if it is still original and otherwise in good shape versus the cheap replacement carbs, even though it will almost certainly be more expensive. The general quality and performance of the original is far better than the usually mis-jetted replacements.

Tim

--- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, "johnraczynski" <johnraczynski@...> wrote:
>
> My bike has developed a fuel leak whenever I open the fuel valve (in either position regular or reserve). It leaks out the bottom of a couple of lines from the carb to the ground. I had read that it may be a cracked float or a float stuck in the down position. The lines that are leaking permit fuel to drain out if the float bowl becomes too full.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem and how did you resolve it?
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
C70 Passport Not Running Right?
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)

1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c

More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment