No, they usually have the resources to cut off the welded end & clean it out that way. My exhaust is working just fine but I figured while I have it off it might be a good time to do a little preventative maintenance work...
--- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, Michael Swan <mikeswan@...> wrote:
>
> JMTCW but I have only had to clean out a 2 cycle exhaust that way. Â A good running 4 cycle engine does not clog up an exhaust unless it has been running very rich for a long period of time. Something you would certainly notice. Â As long as the engine runs good and accelerates well, I would not think the exhaust is clogged up and causing too much back pressure. Â Think about it, your don't hear of anyone heating up a car exhaust with a torch to burn out carbon buildup.Michael
>
> --- On Thu, 8/4/11, Jean Luc Picard <atari2600a@...> wrote:
>
> From: Jean Luc Picard <atari2600a@...>
> Subject: [Honda-C70] broken exhaust port, pipe cleaning
> To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Thursday, August 4, 2011, 10:09 PM
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Â
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> So I pulled off my stock raygun exhaust & I noticed it looks like the bottom half of the port sort of broke off. I doubt it'll cause any problems especially with those 2 bits of metal that go in there, but I was wondering if anyone else experienced this...
>
>
>
> I was also wondering, while I have the exhaust off, if there's any easy way to clean it. I've heard you can take a torch to one end until it turns read & wait for the carbon to burn out at the other end, but I doubt that applies to every tail pipe.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)
1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
No comments:
Post a Comment