Yeah but think about it, you remove the kickstand & suddenly the bike has to be tied upright to the wall or something.
The shift shaft seal is actually what concerns me. The outer shaft appears to be bent just a little but I can't exactly tell if I now have a leaking seal because of it. Once I top off & recharge my battery I'll let you guys know how it seals under high engine temperature / pressure
--- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, "louiethespelunker" <louiethespelunker@...> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> If by "stand" you are referring to the footpeg/kickstand assembly, you should be able to remove it easily with the engine in the bike. There are 4 12mm bolts that hold it to the bottom of the engine case. After they are removed the footpeg/stand assembly should basically fall off assuming it's not bent too bad. I had to replace a bent shifter shaft on my '82 several years ago. It might be a little tricky to get it out with the bend in it and if it's bent bad enough, you might have to cut the bent part off before it can be removed. I had to cut mine off because a previous owner had welded the shifter to the shaft. If I remember correctly you do not have to split the engine case to replace the shaft but I totally disassembled mine during the repair because I had further issues deeper inside the transmission. You willl for sure have to remove the clutch cover though. I would strongly suggest looking at the Shop Manual on this site to confirm the proper procedure for the repair. Also this would be a very appropriate time to change the shift shaft seal in the engine case as well.
>
> Tim
>
> --- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, "Jean Luc Picard" <atari2600a@> wrote:
> >
> > So I crashed, etc etc anyone who's been reading my posts should already know. It appears I'll need to pop off & replace or repair my stand which will be a pain without dropping the engine, but it also appears what I believe is the gearshift spindle/shaft has bowed a little as well (I can't really tell because the bent stand / peg is preventing me from removing the lever).
> >
> > If this bent shaft becomes a problem, how hard is it to replace?
> >
>
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)
1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
No comments:
Post a Comment