Sunday, August 21, 2011

[Honda-C70] Re: BEARINGS. BEARINGS EVERYWHERE.

 

The ALL BALLS or the $10 ones?

--- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, Chris Bader <bader_ct@...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> If I remember back a few years, I tried using the encased bearings you linked for the fork stem and the fit
> was just a tad too tall to reassemble.  Seems that I used the loose ball bearings in grease to achieve the proper
> fit.  Perhaps I reassembled it wrong or it was a fluke, but it caused a lot of lost time & grief.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: william belleau <wjbelleau@...>
> To: "Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com" <Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com>
> Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2011 7:45 PM
> Subject: Re: [Honda-C70] Re: BEARINGS. BEARINGS EVERYWHERE.
>
>
>  
> I have heard that these bearings can be so so in quality. The manufacture takes the correct size bearings
> then machines the inner race inside hole to fit the Honda stem. It is not a very good machine job , as the one
> set I got was poorly machined. Guess it will work but a set of ALL Balls look 1000% better.
> Bill
> Portland OR
>
> From: Jean Luc Picard <atari2600a@...>
> To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2011 5:37 PM
> Subject: [Honda-C70] Re: BEARINGS. BEARINGS EVERYWHERE.
>
>  
> Lucky me: http://dratv.com/ababrstse.html
>
> They have cheap ones too but it looks like they barely fit, anyone have experience with the cheap stuff? Also will plain-old bearing oil work? My little brother skateboards so it'd be readily available...
>
> --- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, "Jean Luc Picard" <atari2600a@> wrote:
> >
> > Derp you're right, I must have been tired when I made that post, sorry. Now I feel like an idiot...
> >
> > --- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, william belleau <wjbelleau@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I am not sure I understand what you want to know.
> > >  
> > > Do you mean you took your front wheel off, and you want to know if these bearings from Dratv
> > > are what is known as sealed both sides, one side or not at all and they use the enclosed seal.
> > >  
> > > I am not sure what Dratv sells. They look like sealed on both sides, which will work just fine.
> > >
> > > Your bike might have the original Honda bearings with no seals in the bearing which is how Honda
> > > designed the bike. You would wash the bearings with the bearings still installed in the wheel
> > > then force grease into the bearing and pressed the seperate seal back into the hub. This way you do
> > > not have to remove the bearing and reinstall a new one. They can be a problem to install, you need to
> > > heat the hub and cool the bearing and use a press with the correct pressing plug to do a good job
> > > or the bearing will fail prematurly.
> > > Bill
> > > Portland OR
> > >
> > > From: Jean Luc Picard <atari2600a@>
> > > To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
> > > Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2011 3:32 PM
> > > Subject: [Honda-C70] BEARINGS. BEARINGS EVERYWHERE.
> > >
> > >  
> > > So I *finally* get my front fork off & I knew the bearings wheren't enclosed but I thought they at least had a rubber thingy holding thgem in place...
> > >
> > > http://dratv.com/fwhbeandsese.html
> > >
> > > ^^^The description on this is extremely vague. Is this an enclosed bearing kit?
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > >
> >
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
C70 Passport Not Running Right?
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)

1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c

More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
MARKETPLACE
A bad score is 598. A bad idea is not checking yours, at freecreditscore.com.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment