O K. There is the difference. My max speed is half max speed of the bike. So my bike has 1/4 of kinetic energy of your bike and perhaps half (or even less) of air resistance. At your cruising speed 110 mpg is super impressive!!
--- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, "louiethespelunker" <louiethespelunker@...> wrote:
>
> Yeah my rear rim is still good. Its got a few dings from one time when I had to ride 10 miles back to town with a flat tire. I wish my C70 was getting that gas mileage. Where I live though, I am pretty much always riding full-throttle and still have trouble keeping up with the crazy traffic.
>
> --- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, "A" <ak6666666@> wrote:
> >
> > Great. Hope rear rim is circular.
> >
> > Mine does 165 mpg since 1986 brand new. Your 110 mpg is the highest Iv seen so far in this group. Great. Thin engine oil, high tire pressure, clean air filter, correct mixture. I suppose these will raise mpg. But I dont have leg shield to resist air.
> >
> > --- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, "louiethespelunker" <louiethespelunker@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello,
> > > Today I hit another milestone with my C70. After a nice ride on the backroads, I have now personally ridden the Cub 20,000 miles (just over 23,200 total). In the past year it has performed admirably and even survived being hit by a Lincoln Towncar. I was hit in the rear from the side at about 30mph. I escaped without even a scratch and the bike somehow survived without any major damage. It didn't even fall over in the collision. In fact it was still running afterwards. I was able to repair everything in a couple of days and only had to purchase a new turn signal lens and a can of red spraypaint for the rear fender. I was unbelievably lucky! I finally replaced the front wheel bearings which were already in bad shape when I bought it six years ago. It also got a new carburetor float when the old one developed a leak, filled with gas, and sank causing fuel to spill out of the carb on turns. It still runs amazing and since the new exhaust about a year ago, has actually been just topping 110 mpg regularly. Here's to 20,000 more!
> > > Tim Bender
> > >
> >
>
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)
1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
No comments:
Post a Comment