Hello folks. New to the list here, but (as a long-time Ural owner) not to wrenching in general. Nor am I new to ignition and fuel systems. But I've got an issue with my little Passport here that has me reaching out for a little help.
The bike runs lean. I can tell this because if I engage the choke, it gets better. Not "perfect" as you can imagine, but much better. Off choke it bogs down, on choke it revs well.
Bike has 2000 miles on it and it's in good shape. I stripped and cleaned the carb, though it looked pretty immaculate. I identified and remediated a short in the spark plug cap. Carb is seated well, seals are fresh and it doesn't look like there's any place for false air to enter. The PCV hose is cracked at the air filter side, but sealing the crack doesn't improve running. In any case, I doubt the amount of air getting through there would be an issue.
Another thing is that the bike also revs high and low in a sort of pulsing fashion. It also tends to do this more off-choke.
A bit more data: the problem started somewhat abruptly after about 80 miles of riding. The bike had been sitting prior to that.
What do I check next, fellas?
Thanks!
Chris
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)
1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
No comments:
Post a Comment