Wednesday, August 10, 2011

[Honda-C70] got weld

 

About 15 years ago when drive chain broke it broke the inside of left cover, creating a 2 cm squared link between drive chain and magnet area. I didnt know. For many years I was not happy with performance of my 70 and stored it away and neglected it for some 10 years. Yesterday found out about the link and got the crack and passage closed with aluminum gas welding. Now my contact point will stay much cleaner and chain lube will not make magnet fly wheel area dirty with oil. I always wondered why the fly wheel surface looked rusted and brown and spotted when it should be clean and shiny. Now I know. Feel so stupid for not noticing earlier.
Also got new side stand. Old one was too rusted and yesterday it bent in half. Also got new condenser and the spark generator from where spark goes to plug.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
C70 Passport Not Running Right?
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)

1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c

More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment