Hello all, this is my first post. I have searched and searched for a solution but thought i'd just make a new post and get some fresh answers or thoughts.
I've had this c70 for about two months and it rode very nice when i first got it. I had a huge backfire one day shortly after getting it and it seemed to lose power so in talking to some friends, they recommended i check and change the spark plug. I gapped it per the specs and it fired right up no problems, etc. Ever since the initial backfire it seems to backfire more, generally out of the front area as it sounds and very infrequently louder out the exhaust pipe. Sometimes when i give it gas after a gear change after a turn, it hesitates and backfires so i let off the throttle and it seems to remedy itself. It's also began to stink like exhaust a bit.
Yesterday i learned a bit about the mixture screw on the carb. I tried adjusting it a bit while it was idling but wanted to ask you guys if i'm on the right path or if something else may be the issue.
I appreciate your thoughts in advance and thanks for all i've read here already, it's nice to have a good friendly forum based on one specific bike model.
PS, this is my first foray in the scooter or motorcycle arena so i'm practically new to everything. Shifting smoothly was a major hurdle for me and sometimes i still get pulling or lurching when i shift but i'm getting better.
Thanks!!
Kory
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)
1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
No comments:
Post a Comment