Most Honda's use the same basic design. A thin brass plate attached to the side of
the shift drum. It has a ramp bent into it, the ramp lines up with the neutral switch.
On some bikes the switch is really nothing but a brass rod cast into a plastic
body. Some other bikes do have a complex switch with a spring loaded tip.
That one can break and thus be pushed against the plate all the time.
The trouble shooting is still the same. Get you bike wiring diagram, split the
harness at the best place and go from there.
Bill
Portland OR
--- On Tue, 7/19/11, gandalf@sonic.net <gandalf@sonic.net> wrote:
From: gandalf@sonic.net <gandalf@sonic.net>
Subject: Re: [Honda-C70] Re: Neutral Switch broken on
To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, July 19, 2011, 4:28 PM
Sorry I'm actually off topic, it's actually a larger Honda with a manual clutch, but I know you guys and felt more comfortable asking here. It was working when I went into an intersection, I shifted from first to second and got into neutral (1-N-2-3-4-5) and then panicked and shifted into second without applying clutch. Roared out of there but ever since the light is on all the time. Perhaps I cracked the actual switch or otherwise jammed it on. Do to it happening like that I doubt it is a short, but I it is possible.
(imagine a cute or dirty tagline here)
On Tue 19/07/11 4:20 PM , william belleau wjbelleau@yahoo.com sent:
> Sounds like you have a short in the neutral light circuit.
> Would be very hard to damage the ramp on the shift drum so it was touching
> the neutral switch all the time.A quick check is find the main wire harness junction, find the light green
> wire with a red stripe. That is the neutral switch, disconnect it, if the light is still
> on, the ground is between the connection and the headlight bucket /
> speedometer indicator.If the light is out, then the problem is toward the engine.
> Good luck
> Bill
> Portland OR
>
> --- On Tue, 7/19/11, gandalf@son
> ic.net ic.net> wrote:
>
> From: gandalf@son
> ic.net ic.net>Subject: Re: [Honda-C70] Re: Neutral Switch broken on
> To: Hon
> da-C70@yahoogroups.comDate: Tuesday, July 19, 2011, 11:56 AM
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Yeah I bet I could. I must admit I'm much more careful about starting it in
> the morning. I guess I should get in the habit of depressing the clutch
> when I start it anyway. It previously did start in gear if you held the
> clutch. I don't like it and will make a point of getting it fixed sometime
> soon. The light is annoying, I keep glancing at it on the road.
> (imagine a cute or dirty tagline here)
>
> On Mon 18/07/11 6:20 PM , "louiethespelunker" l
> ouiethespelunker@yahoo.com sent:> Hello,
> >
> > On the Supercub the neutral switch for the light
> is also part of the> electric start circuit so the starter won't
> operate in any gear other than> neutral. If your Honda has an electric starter I
> would bet that it will> now start in any gear as well as in neutral. If
> it's not hard to change> and a replacement can be found, change it.
> Otherwise way the annoyance of> seeing the light and possibly starting in gear
> to the time/money of> replacing it. I doubt it will spell the
> immediate demise of your bike> though.
> > Tim
> >
> > --- In Hon
> > da-C70
> @yahoogroups.com, gandalf@... wrote:>> > This is actually not a SuperCub question,
> but> it's a Honda question and I think it's the same
> hardware except for the> manual clutch. I've broken my neutral switch and
> it's now always brightly> lit. Did I shear it off with my fumbling gear
> changes? Is this the end of> the world or no big deal? Other than it being
> annoying it rides fine.> >
> > > (imagine a cute or dirty tagline
> > here)>
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > ------------------------------------
> >
> > C70 Passport Not Running Right?
> > 1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting
> Guide: > http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1
> page> 101.jpg)1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting
> Guide: > http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1
> page> 170.jpg)1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
> > http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28
> page> 205.jpg)
> > 1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn61982-83 C70 Maintenance
> Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c> More resources for C70 Passports and
> Cubs:> http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htmhttp://www.velodrome.
> com/HondaC70/HondaC70.htmlYahoo! Groups Links> To visit your group on the web, go
> to:> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Honda-C70/> Your email settings:
> > Individual Email | Traditional
> >
> > To change settings online go to:
> > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Honda-C70/join(Yahoo!
> ID required)>
> > To change settings via email:
> > Honda-C70-digest@yahoogroups.com Honda-C70-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email
> to:> Honda-C70-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject
> to:> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
> >
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> C70 Passport Not Running Right?
> 1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
> http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page
> 101.jpg)1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
> http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page
> 170.jpg)1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
> http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page
> 205.jpg)
> 1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn61982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
> More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
> http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htmhttp://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.htmlYahoo! Groups Links
> To visit your group on the web, go to:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Honda-C70/
> Your email settings:
> Individual Email | Traditional
>
> To change settings online go to:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Honda-C70/join(Yahoo! ID required)
>
> To change settings via email:
> Honda-C70-digest@yahoogroups.com Honda-C70-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> Honda-C70-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>
>
>
>
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)
1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
No comments:
Post a Comment