Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Re: [Honda-C70] Re: Neutral Switch broken on

 

thanks

On 7/19/2011 6:48 PM, william belleau wrote:
> Most Honda's use the same basic design. A thin brass plate attached to the side of
> the shift drum. It has a ramp bent into it, the ramp lines up with the neutral switch.
> On some bikes the switch is really nothing but a brass rod cast into a plastic
> body. Some other bikes do have a complex switch with a spring loaded tip.
> That one can break and thus be pushed against the plate all the time.
>
> The trouble shooting is still the same. Get you bike wiring diagram, split the
> harness at the best place and go from there.
> Bill
> Portland OR
>
> --- On Tue, 7/19/11, gandalf@sonic.net<gandalf@sonic.net> wrote:
>
>
> From: gandalf@sonic.net<gandalf@sonic.net>
> Subject: Re: [Honda-C70] Re: Neutral Switch broken on
> To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Tuesday, July 19, 2011, 4:28 PM
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Sorry I'm actually off topic, it's actually a larger Honda with a manual clutch, but I know you guys and felt more comfortable asking here. It was working when I went into an intersection, I shifted from first to second and got into neutral (1-N-2-3-4-5) and then panicked and shifted into second without applying clutch. Roared out of there but ever since the light is on all the time. Perhaps I cracked the actual switch or otherwise jammed it on. Do to it happening like that I doubt it is a short, but I it is possible.
>
> (imagine a cute or dirty tagline here)
>
> On Tue 19/07/11 4:20 PM , william belleau wjbelleau@yahoo.com sent:
>> Sounds like you have a short in the neutral light circuit.
>> Would be very hard to damage the ramp on the shift drum so it was touching
>> the neutral switch all the time.A quick check is find the main wire harness junction, find the light green
>> wire with a red stripe. That is the neutral switch, disconnect it, if the light is still
>> on, the ground is between the connection and the headlight bucket /
>> speedometer indicator.If the light is out, then the problem is toward the engine.
>> Good luck
>> Bill
>> Portland OR
>>
>> --- On Tue, 7/19/11, gandalf@son
>> ic.net ic.net> wrote:
>>
>> From: gandalf@son
>> ic.net ic.net>Subject: Re: [Honda-C70] Re: Neutral Switch broken on
>> To: Hon
>> da-C70@yahoogroups.comDate: Tuesday, July 19, 2011, 11:56 AM
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Yeah I bet I could. I must admit I'm much more careful about starting it in
>> the morning. I guess I should get in the habit of depressing the clutch
>> when I start it anyway. It previously did start in gear if you held the
>> clutch. I don't like it and will make a point of getting it fixed sometime
>> soon. The light is annoying, I keep glancing at it on the road.
>> (imagine a cute or dirty tagline here)
>>
>> On Mon 18/07/11 6:20 PM , "louiethespelunker" l
>> ouiethespelunker@yahoo.com sent:> Hello,
>>>
>>> On the Supercub the neutral switch for the light
>> is also part of the> electric start circuit so the starter won't
>> operate in any gear other than> neutral. If your Honda has an electric starter I
>> would bet that it will> now start in any gear as well as in neutral. If
>> it's not hard to change> and a replacement can be found, change it.
>> Otherwise way the annoyance of> seeing the light and possibly starting in gear
>> to the time/money of> replacing it. I doubt it will spell the
>> immediate demise of your bike> though.
>>> Tim
>>>
>>> --- In Hon
>>> da-C70
>> @yahoogroups.com, gandalf@... wrote:>> > This is actually not a SuperCub question,
>> but> it's a Honda question and I think it's the same
>> hardware except for the> manual clutch. I've broken my neutral switch and
>> it's now always brightly> lit. Did I shear it off with my fumbling gear
>> changes? Is this the end of> the world or no big deal? Other than it being
>> annoying it rides fine.> >
>>>> (imagine a cute or dirty tagline
>>> here)>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> ------------------------------------
>>>
>>> C70 Passport Not Running Right?
>>> 1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting
>> Guide:> http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1
>> page> 101.jpg)1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting
>> Guide:> http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1
>> page> 170.jpg)1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
>>> http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28
>> page> 205.jpg)
>>> 1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn61982-83 C70 Maintenance
>> Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c> More resources for C70 Passports and
>> Cubs:> http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htmhttp://www.velodrome.
>> com/HondaC70/HondaC70.htmlYahoo! Groups Links> To visit your group on the web, go
>> to:> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Honda-C70/> Your email settings:
>>> Individual Email | Traditional
>>>
>>> To change settings online go to:
>>> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Honda-C70/join(Yahoo!
>> ID required)>
>>> To change settings via email:
>>> Honda-C70-digest@yahoogroups.com Honda-C70-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email
>> to:> Honda-C70-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject
>> to:> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>>
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------------
>>
>> C70 Passport Not Running Right?
>> 1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
>> http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page
>> 101.jpg)1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
>> http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page
>> 170.jpg)1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
>> http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page
>> 205.jpg)
>> 1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn61982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
>> More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
>> http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htmhttp://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.htmlYahoo! Groups Links
>> To visit your group on the web, go to:
>> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Honda-C70/
>> Your email settings:
>> Individual Email | Traditional
>>
>> To change settings online go to:
>> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Honda-C70/join(Yahoo! ID required)
>>
>> To change settings via email:
>> Honda-C70-digest@yahoogroups.com Honda-C70-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
>> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>> Honda-C70-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
>> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> C70 Passport Not Running Right?
> 1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
> 1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
> http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
> 1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
> 1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
> http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
> 1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
> http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)
>
> 1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
> 1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
>
> More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
> http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
> http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.htmlYahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
C70 Passport Not Running Right?
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)

1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c

More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment