Friday, July 8, 2011

Re: [Honda-C70] Misc. Electrical gremlins

 

The C70 headlight is powered off the alternator while the bike is running.
Have you checked power while the bike is running?
The battery needs to be hooked up and in good condition or you will blow
the headlight if you rev the engine as the battery makes the circuit balanced.
Bill
Portland OR 

--- On Fri, 7/8/11, mendodave56 <mendodave@mcn.org> wrote:

From: mendodave56 <mendodave@mcn.org>
Subject: [Honda-C70] Misc. Electrical gremlins
To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, July 8, 2011, 8:25 AM

 

Hi Group!

I have a friend whose daughter wanted a scooter, I talked her into a Honda Passport. We found one with 5k miles on it, got it for $150 due to large back DMV fees.

I have a new battery, a freshly cleaned carb, and it runs quite well.

turn signals work, brake lights work, horn works, turn signal indicator light works.

the headlight, highbeam, and neutral light do not work. The neutral is burned out, would that stop the starter motor from working, or is it only the switch that does that?

should I not be able to measure voltage at the headlight? battery has 6.48v w/engine off, 7.2 with engine running...I think one filament is burnt out on the headlight, but neither works, and I have no measurable voltage at the headlight.

Thanks!

David

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
C70 Passport Not Running Right?
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)

1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c

More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment