Sunday, July 3, 2011

Re: [Honda-C70] Basic Ignition timing question?

 

That is correct. Just turn the engine till it looks as if the points are full open
and check the gap. You can see the points open as you slowly turn the
engine over. Then you adjust the basic engine timing to open the points at the
:F: mark.
Bill
Portland OR

--- On Sun, 7/3/11, Donald Petersen <dpeter1946@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

From: Donald Petersen <dpeter1946@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: [Honda-C70] Basic Ignition timing question?
To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, July 3, 2011, 8:41 AM

 

If I'm reading the manual correctly, I'm setting a static timing for a new set of points.

I want the points gap set first, then I rotate the timing plate until the points start to open (and turn out the light on the continuity tester) at the F mark?

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
C70 Passport Not Running Right?
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)

1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c

More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment