Wednesday, July 20, 2011

[Honda-C70] Re: Given up on original carb. Which ebay aftermarket is best?

 

I drained the tank & put fresh gas in two weeks ago when I replaced the fuel lines blew out all the carb passages and made sure the float wasn't stuck. I have never had this in past years but will try draining out the float bowl before opening the fuel petcock. I use clear fuel line so I can watch the flow. Thank you for the suggestion.

--- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, william belleau <wjbelleau@...> wrote:
>
> How long do you let it sit before you try to start it?
> Do you add fuel stabilizer?
> My 1982 C70 will not start after 5 or 6 days of sitting. I drain the gas out of the carb, hell you can even see the
> gas is old, it is thick!!! Then after a it starts to look like real gas I close the drain screw and it fires right up.
> Bill
> Portland OR
>
> From: Robert M <atwatterkent@...>
> To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 3:19 PM
> Subject: [Honda-C70] Re: Given up on original carb. Which ebay aftermarket is best?
>
>
>  
> I hit an extra zero , sorry, 3000 mi on speedo. I'm the second owner and have owned and used the bike for about 15 years with no starting trouble at all. I have always had stone type fuel filters on both feed lines and replaced the fuel lines two weeks ago when I last tore the carb down. I couldn't find any apparent cause for a problem but when reassembled it started right up. I then took it for a 10 mi ride and put it in the garage. A couple of days ago I backed it out and couldn't start it again. Starting fluid was used and it popped a couple of times but further attempts produced nothing. It's just too hot now, 100deg to mess with it now. Maybe this weekend.
>
> --- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, "Robert M" <atwatterkent@> wrote:
> >
> > After pulling, cleaning & reinstalling the original carb on my 1982 C70 with 30000 mi., many times only to have the motor start and run very well that day, then a week later it won't start no matter what I do. I have no doubt that carburation is the problem. My frustration level is so high, it's not worth owning if an aftermarket carb won't solve the problem. There are two or three different sellers offering these carbs. Which is the most reliable and easy to install without modification. Thank you, Bob
> >
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
C70 Passport Not Running Right?
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)

1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c

More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment