Friday, July 29, 2011

[Honda-C70] Re: four head nuts

 

Had it not been for the slipped nut or something, I would have told you all how a little time with #10 ring spanner greatly added to my riding pleasure. The little 7" 10/11 zigzag ring spanner bent slightly as I tightened the nuts last night. And now my adventure made me land in dangerous territory.
The sound is much better and lower. Vibrations at grip much reduced.
I did some careful tightening or head nuts of two other bikes as well. One nut gave a tick sound and then turned a little more.

--- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, "A" <ak6666666@...> wrote:
>
> Showed to mechanic. He said deep inside some bush is free. Need to dismantle head, new seals and paste. Total bill including labor will be near 8 dollars. Its a heavy dose. I can get 10 liters of gas with that much.
>
> He said keep riding on three tight bolts till oil starts leaking from fourth, the main oil bolt (lower left from front). He said that at one point oil will leak freely. Ouch.
>
> What to do? Wait till leaking starts or get the thing repaired? Its all dry at present.
>
> --- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, "A" <ak6666666@> wrote:
> >
> > I tried tightening the four head nuts last night.
> >
> > Three had slack. They turned two or three turns. Fourth was tight enough.
> >
> > Now engine sound is lower and handle bar vibrates a lot less.
> >
> > But, this morning I checked again. Three are super tight while one, lower left from front, keeps turning with no end in sight. Iv broken something.
> >
>

__._,_.___
C70 Passport Not Running Right?
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)

1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c

More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment