Thursday, July 28, 2011

[Honda-C70] Re: 1981 C70 Passport - Flat Tire Question

 

I always order my gazelles through Amazon. I find them to be slightly cheaper than DrATV. Like Bill said, just change the whole deal. Better safe than sorry.

--- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, william belleau <wjbelleau@...> wrote:
>
> For a tire like the Gazelle I would say it depends on why the tire failed and are you sure you got what ever it was out of the tire.
> A simple nail is not going to damage the tire carcase, but a sharp rock could cut it so bad it is no good. If you want you can
> take it apart and check and if you can find the hole in the tube you can even patch it with a tube patch kit.
> Will be better if you plan on changing them this winter.
> Bill
> Portland OR
>
> From: Bader_CT <bader_ct@...>
> To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2011 7:28 AM
> Subject: [Honda-C70] 1981 C70 Passport - Flat Tire Question
>
>
>  
> Hi,
>
> Last night while riding home I turned onto a road that did not have the usual warning sign of fresh gravel put down for roadwork. After riding for about 300 yards I noticed my passport "skating" along back & forth.
>
> So I parked and found my rear tire was flat.
>
> Is there a typical way to fix flats, such as replacing the tube or should the tire be replaced along with tube. Or does it depend on tire condition? The tire is a Gazelle with about 1,500 miles, 3 summer seasons of riding.
>
> I'm not sure how long it would take for the local Honda dealer to get a new Gazelle or tube (as opposed to ordering through dratv).
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Chris
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
C70 Passport Not Running Right?
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)

1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c

More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment