So I finally got a new leg shield in the mail today! But before installing, I have to ask. It seems as if the leg shield has been bent in (probably from being in a box so long). Will this bending be solved by installing it? It's bent in not only along the back of it, but also on the leg guard sides. I got it from DrATV and it is bent exactly as the photos show, except a bit more severe on the bottom portion - even though I emailed the good Dr just to be sure it wouldn't be bent in.
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/dratv_2168_61749875
If the bending won't be solved by installing it, is there a way I can safely bend plastic without breaking it? What if I were to clamp it to my original leg shield, would it take the shape of that one? Or heating it?
Although in the photo it looks flimsy and flexible, it definitely isn't and I'm afraid that if I try too hard to bend it into shape that it'll break.
Thanks
-Jon
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)
1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
No comments:
Post a Comment