Wednesday, July 6, 2011

[Honda-C70] 1970 Seats

 

Hi all,

I have a 1970 C70, which has the (really) long seat. I would really prefer to have the shorter seat (not the single tractor seat) with a rack behind it. Is there anything I should know as I start hunting for one? Will later seats fit the early C70s? How much modification is required? Any good sources for seats?

A little background: I bought the non-running bike last fall. There was an issue with the title, so I didn't want to do anything to the bike until I had a title in-hand. I was able to find the previous-previous owner who got me a duplicate title, so now I'm getting the bike running. That'll make four bikes running (a vintage Vespa, a Stella and my modern Triumph).

Thus far, we've done the front sprocket, carb, tubes/tires and changed the oil. My boyfriend wants me to get new points and condenser (along with all new bulbs and new chain). The wiring harness is hanging up in preparation for installation. (I'm lucky that my bf is willing to do all this for me. He rebuilt my smallframe Vespa twice this year already.)

Thanks for any insight,
Adrienna

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
C70 Passport Not Running Right?
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)

1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c

More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment