Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Re: [Honda-C70] Re: why does my engine kick over part and then slip on the down swing

 

Thomas
When you move the kickstarter slowly thru it's travel, does it then slip
or only when you get half way?
Half way is max torque thru the clutch.
Bill
Portland OR

--- On Wed, 6/29/11, didymusxaos <didymusxaos@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: didymusxaos <didymusxaos@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Honda-C70] Re: why does my engine kick over part and then slip on the down swing
To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 5:49 PM

 

--- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, william belleau <wjbelleau@...> wrote:
>
> When you say it jumps, when you shift into gear and hold the shifter, does the clutch
> desengage? By that I mean when you rev the engine. It could be your shift shaft
> input to the clutch is not working.
> Bill
> Portland OR
>
>

It disengages fine, I'm saying that when I release the shifter lever, the clutch is good enough that I could almost do a wheelie. It's weird. I have adjusted it a couple more times, moving a quarter turn past recommended, in either direction.
I think the suggestion that there is something missing or mis-aligned from the kick start spindle on. I swear it kick started before I bought it, because I know it ran... I guess I'll pull it apart again.
Thomas
ABQ

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
C70 Passport Not Running Right?
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)

1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c

More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment