maybe the rear center brether hose is pluged. I have a spare 1970 electric start C 70 engine for sale. Thomas 50cc.
--- On Fri, 6/17/11, SloanB <otto_rax@yahoo.com> wrote:
From: SloanB <otto_rax@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Honda-C70] Re: Ran out of oil.
To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, June 17, 2011, 1:36 PM
Similar issues, I too would like an answer...
--- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, "doktordrewman" <doktordrewman@...> wrote:
>
> I am ashamed to admit I took my 1980 c70 on a long ride Friday (about 70 miles)and ran it almost dry of oil. The engine stalled (slowed down and stopped) on me a few times before I could get oil in it. I added 400 ml to bring it to level. After putting oil in it I made the remainder of the trip without problem. Temps were in the high 70's F that day, so I don't know if the engine was overheated or not. It still starts easily and eventually gets close to top speed as it used to. It does seem weaker on the hills and is emitting white smoke with throttle. Also, a loud ticking (possibly valves) is evident.
>
> There were no oil leaks, so I am assuming my rings and/or valves were worn to begin with. By my research, a top-end rebuild is probably necessary.
>
> So.. my questions are:
>
> 1. How can I tell if the head is functioning properly? Should I rebuild the head regardless (6,000 miles)?
> 2. Should I automatically replace the piston?
> 3. If I hone the cylinder, will I need a bigger piston (dratv sells them in .2mm increments)?
> 4. Is it more cost effective to get an 88 cc kit than hone the original cylinder, replace piston, replace valves, etc.?
>
> I do have an extra parts engine I could use the head and cylinder block off of.
>
> I don't trust it as is.
>
> As always, thanks for your input.
>
> Andrew
>
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)
1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
No comments:
Post a Comment