Not exactly my question, since I was asking about the 12V version of the C70, however, thanks for the info. on the 6V. I was curious about that as well, but wanted to stay somewhat on topic. I was curious, since the discussion was about the 12 V model whether the OP might have avoided problems with his battery. I would assume the 6V problems and 12 V problems are similar so that your answer would also apply to a 12 V C70?
Now, if I may open a larger can o' worms, what are the issues that affect the 6V bikes that pose problems for off the shelf VR's? Or will that answer take a book to answer? Please keep it to layman's terms as much as possible, I'm not an electrical engineer, I only know enough to get myself and others into trouble. :)
Thanks,
Paul
--- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, "jpardue" <inventorpardue@...> wrote:
>
> New thread seems appropriate.
>
> Paul posted "my C70 is a 6V model. Would adding a voltage regulator avoid this problems you, John, posted earlier?"
>
> The answer is yes, but no single off-the-shelf Voltage regulator will handle all the issues, especially on the 6 Volt bikes.
>
> A sealed battery will evidently work well with some bikes, as Mike G. proves with his 12 Volt '83 model.
>
> Jon Pardue
> Sarasota, Florida
>
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)
1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
No comments:
Post a Comment