I had a 2.25 up front and 2.75 in the rear, which made it look good, but also made it noticeably slower to accelerate.
I just put 2.50's F & R on another one, and ya, it was tight up front, but i feel like it made it handle better. It is definitely the way I'm gonna go going forward, 2.50's f/r.
--- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, Mike Gladu <mgladu@...> wrote:
>
> At 3:45 AM +0000 6/24/11, jonyoon wrote:
> >So, I've heard of people throwing on 17X3.00 size tires on the rear
> >and keeping the stock 17X2.25 size on the front. I currently have a
> >17X2.75 on the rear and a 17X2.50 on the front. Would there be any
> >advantage if I were to switch my tire size? I know that the 17X2.25
> >on the front would make the speedo more accurate.
> >
> >I am running with a Lifan 140cc engine installed on my C70.
> >
> >Thanks.
>
> If you have special needs (super heavy load and very high speed) and
> good quality stock size tires are not available - larger tires might
> be the way to go.
>
> Otherwise, stock size tires are still preferred and should work fine
> with that engine as long as they are not thin sidewall, crappy tread
> low-speed moped type tires.
>
> Mike G.
> -
>
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)
1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
No comments:
Post a Comment