oh dear, oh dear. I'm very happy for you, but I'm afraid you may have just as well lit $500 on fire by exercising the "buy it now" option. If I'm looking at it correctly, the bid was up to $900 when you went for the $1950 buy it now. I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, and its your prerogative to value your bike however you like -- but I'd bet my firstborn child that had you simply placed a standard bid for $1500 you would've won the auction going away -- probably with a couple hundred dollars breathing room.
the thing about buying a 30-year-old bike -- no matter how pristine it appears to be -- it's a 30-year-old bike, and will inevitably need repairs or parts replaced or maintenance, every year.
--- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, "MaggiMia" <maggimia56@...> wrote:
>
> and it looks in mint condition . .and has rear side baskets which I personally think look 'old lady' but hey, I am Old lady . . .
> Larry paid $75 for his more than 12 years ago, and I paid close to the price of a new Metro for the new baby . . .
> And Larry Laughed when I told him. . .I date the most terrific man, he drove me out to get my blue bike, took me out to supper on the way home, worked and worked on my bike to resolve it's problems which were NOT the messed up timing the seller thought but poor electrical connections done by the guy paid to work on it. ..
> Now, we are getting ready to go camping this weekend, and will hopefully run up north next weekend to get the new bike.
> I did do a deposit for that 'buy it now' insanity and hope/plan to do a paypal transfer/payment for the remainder when I pick up the bike.
> I do want to see it, and the title before I transfer that much $$ and I will NOT do a cash/check/ or pay in advance...
> Know I have protection through E-bay and going through all their little steps to pay for it.
> No worries about the seller but I also was not born yesterday . . .and hope the seller agrees, auction was Paypal only . . and his e-mail to me was he would like the balance paid via paypal and not cash . . .
> So, since Larry's son is involved in things like our Fall Fun Festival and so forth, I want to ride my little red bike in the parade and have it in the bike show . . . have worked weekends for years, last year was recovering from Bad auto accident and could barely hobble around for Fall Festival, now this year I hope to ride the bike, try and talk Larry into riding his . . so admit to insane but this red '81 looks like it has been someone's treasured toy and it will become my treasured toy also...Maggie in IL
>
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)
1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
No comments:
Post a Comment