That will help tremendously! I am confident I will pick it up pretty quickly, was just a little confused. Now, down shifting? (Commence face in palm now)
--- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, myron andrews <mvandrews13@...> wrote:
>
>
> even simpler to remember is the speed range for each gear is marked on the face of the speedometer. Good Luck! Baby Huey
>
>
>
> To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
> From: gandalf@...
> Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 11:03:34 -0700
> Subject: Re: [Honda-C70] Re: Few questions...
>
>
>
>
>
>
> 1st gets you going, 10 to 15mph is the most it will do. I generally shift to second in the intersection.
> 2nd is good for climbing hills and getting you up to about 22-25
> 3rd is good for everything upwards of there.
>
> You may have to downshift for hills. Extreme hills might end you up in first, if that happens try not to wind it out, just let it work it's way up.
>
> (imagine a cute or dirty tagline here)
>
> On Mon 06/06/11 4:31 PM , "Joey" joeysanchez_90@... sent:
> > Wow, thank you. I am definitely going to bookmark those sites to have em'
> > handy. Thank you!Now, I am worried about the shifting, I have driven 150cc 5 speed dirt
> > bikes, but it was when I was like 10. When do you shift on such a low speed
> > bike, with only 3 speeds? That confuses me. I must sound like a total
> > idiot, but I really don't get it!
> > --- In Hon
> > da-C70@yahoogroups.com, "knytewolf1974"
> > wrote:>
> > > Ok to answer your questions.
> > >
> > > Top speed stock with a 240lb rider would be
> > approx 39-42 mph, given good weather conditions.>
> > > Parts are for the most part very easy to come
> > by. Three of the best sites for finding parts are>
> > > www.dratv.com> tenavintage.com
> > > ebay.com (on ebay, you can search for honda
> > passport as well as honda c70 parts, many of which will fit no problem, but
> > check with sellers, or here to be sure.)>
> > > MPG is very tricky to determine. If you weighed
> > 125lb, and drove a straight line with no stopping or starting you would
> > expect to get around 100 mpg. Though we don't operate under those
> > conditions, I would say that for your weight, if the Passport you get is in
> > proper running condition, you should get over 50 mpg easy.>
> > > Winter riding depends on exactly where you live.
> > I myself live in Los Angeles so I have the luxury of riding year round. If
> > you live somewhere where you have to deal with snow or icy roads, I would
> > definitely store it during the winter months. By storing I would say keep
> > it in the garage, start it once a week, and purchase a center stand so you
> > can run it through the gears and not just idle. if you just start it up and
> > let it idle, many people don't realize this but you can actually plug up
> > the main jet in the carb since different jets are used for acceleration and
> > idle.>
> > > Many aftermarket upgrades are available through
> > dratv.com. You can put a larger engine in I think as high as 140-150cc
> > now.>
> > > You can find tires at any of the links I have
> > given you already, however, there are certain guidelines you should follow
> > when selecting tires. The stock tire sizes are 2.25x17 on the front and
> > 2.50x17 on the rear. I would not go any higher than a 2.25x17 on the front
> > because if you do, your speedometer will show you going slower than you
> > really are. I myself have a 2.25x17 on the front, and a 3.0x17 on the rear.
> > I feel that the 3.0x17 on the rear gives me a much more stable ride than
> > the stock 2.50x17. If you install a center stand, which imo is well worth
> > the money, you can still use a 3.0x17 tire on the rear, it is just a really
> > close fit. If you want to make absolutely certain about clearance, then I
> > would go with 2.25x17 on the front, and 2.75x17 on the rear. You can even
> > order tires and tubes from your local motorcycle shop.>
> > > Listed for your convenience
> > >
> > > STOCK
> > > Front 2.25x17
> > > Rear 2.50x17
> > >
> > > MODIFIED
> > > Front 2.25x17 or
> > > 2.50x17 if you don't care about
> > speedometer reading.>
> > > Rear 2.50x17
> > > 2.75x17
> > > 3.0x17
> > >
> > > My tire of choice is a Michelin Gazelle and my
> > tube of choice is made by Bikemaster.>
> > > I don't know if you know this or not, but the
> > 1980-81 Passports use a 6v electrical system, meaning the bulbs will not
> > shine as bright, and I have heard of some electrical issues, as well as
> > needing to adjust points and other things I can't think of right now. The
> > 1982-83 Passports use a 12v electrical system, with no need for points,
> > brighter burning bulbs, and less electrical headaches. I for one have a
> > 1983 and if given the choice, would purchase an 82-83 over the other, but
> > in the end, it is all up to you. Now any 80-81 owners reading this, don't
> > bash me, I am only going by what I have heard, not personally experienced,
> > lol.>
> > > Hope this helps,
> > >
> > > Chris
> > >
> > >
> > > --- In Hon
> > da-C70@yahoogroups.com, "Joey"
> > wrote:> >
> > > > I am in the process of buying an '80 Honda
> > C70 soon and was hoping for some input. I have spoken to a few different
> > people and have gotten nothing but great comments on how great these bikes
> > are. Just wanted to triple check the info I was given.> >
> > > > Top speed with 240lb rider?
> > > > Parts?
> > > > MPG?
> > > > Possible winter riding? (I drove my cheap-o
> > Chinese model scooter a few times last winter and fried the harness, if I
> > need to I will store this beauty for winter!)> > After market upgrades available?
> > > > Tire selection? (Links would be
> > appreciated)> >
> > > > Thank you!
> > > >
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > ------------------------------------
> >
> > C70 Passport Not Running Right?
> > 1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
> > http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page
> > 101.jpg)1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
> > http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page
> > 170.jpg)1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
> > http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page
> > 205.jpg)
> > 1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn61982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
> > More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
> > http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htmhttp://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.htmlYahoo! Groups Links
> > To visit your group on the web, go to:
> > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Honda-C70/
> > Your email settings:
> > Individual Email | Traditional
> >
> > To change settings online go to:
> > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Honda-C70/join(Yahoo! ID required)
> >
> > To change settings via email:
> > Honda-C70-digest@yahoogroups.com Honda-C70-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> > Honda-C70-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
> > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
> > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
> >
> >
> >
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)
1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c
More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
No comments:
Post a Comment