Saturday, June 18, 2011

[Honda-C70] Re: Few questions...

 

I weigh 190 and can cruise steadily at 40-45mph (flat road) With a better tune I may be able to go a bit faster. I just bought a set on michellin gazelles and tubes for $60 from my local Honda dealer. I picked up a fresh battery for another $35. I recommend a battery tender to maintain the battery too. They run anywhere from $17 to $40 depending on features.
The c70 is by no means maintenance free, but they are fun and easy to tinker with. Not to mention extemely durable. One word of caution though. If you shop on eBay, be aware of where the items are shipping from.
Be safe.

--- In Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com, william belleau <wjbelleau@...> wrote:
>
>
> Joey
> The top speed is around 45 MPH if you have a long enough road.
> At 45 MPH the fuel MPG falls off so it really goes buy you own driving style.
> Parts are harder and harder to find/get. After market parts may or may not
> really fit like the original parts. It is hit and miss.
> Asa for driving in winter, why not. The thing to watch out for is ice, just like in a car.
> I find the bike really needs a windshield but a nice pair of cuffs on the handlebar
> to put you hands into will go along way in keeping you warm.
> Tires I am affraid is as you can find them. There are a few online stores,
> your local honda show or any motorcycle shop will be able to get you a pair.
> Well maybe!!! Sometimes they are out, last year was a tring time for some people
> finding tires.
> Bill
> Portland OR
>
> --- On Mon, 6/6/11, Joey <joeysanchez_90@...> wrote:
>
>
> From: Joey <joeysanchez_90@...>
> Subject: [Honda-C70] Few questions...
> To: Honda-C70@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Monday, June 6, 2011, 7:42 AM
>
>
>  
>
>
>
> I am in the process of buying an '80 Honda C70 soon and was hoping for some input. I have spoken to a few different people and have gotten nothing but great comments on how great these bikes are. Just wanted to triple check the info I was given.
>
> Top speed with 240lb rider?
> Parts?
> MPG?
> Possible winter riding? (I drove my cheap-o Chinese model scooter a few times last winter and fried the harness, if I need to I will store this beauty for winter!)
> After market upgrades available?
> Tire selection? (Links would be appreciated)
>
> Thank you!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
C70 Passport Not Running Right?
1970-73 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw
1970-73 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/6ebwtw (scroll to sec.7.1 page 101.jpg)
1980-83 C70 Honda Service Manual: http://tinyurl.com/hu42c
1980-81 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec.18-1 page 170.jpg)
1982-83 C70 Troubleshooting Guide:
http://tinyurl.com/hu42c (scroll to sec. 20-28 page 205.jpg)

1980-81 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/z4zn6
1982-83 C70 Maintenance Schedule: http://tinyurl.com/hw35c

More resources for C70 Passports and Cubs:
http://www.shlaes.com/Vehicles/Scooter.htm
http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
MARKETPLACE

Find useful articles and helpful tips on living with Fibromyalgia. Visit the Fibromyalgia Zone today!


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment